Impact of Mechanization on Small Fishermen: Analysis and Village Studies
Price : US$ 38.46
FREE HOME DELIVERY
About the Book :
The book is designed with the following Objectives:
1. To Study the trends in Production of Marine fish in the country and the impact of Mechanization on Marine fish Production.
2. To understand the factors affecting the mechanization of fishing crafts.
3. To Understand the current socio-economic status of small fishermen and assess the changes taking place due to mechanization.
4. To study the benefits accruing to small fishermen from various programmes of mechanization and their impact on distribution gains.
5. To evaluate the changes in utilization pattern of end-use of fish production due to mechanization and their consequent impact on the product marker.
6. To identify the problem areas in the development of small fishermen.
The book is divided into two parts. The first part deals mainly with the analysis of macro data and the inter-village comparisons to evaluate the impact of mechanization on small fishermen and fishing villages. The second part present case studies of selected Villages.
About Author :
U.K. Srivastava obtained his PhD degree in Economics from University of Lucknow and did post-doctoral work at Iowa State University, USA. He joined the faculty of Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIMA) where he worked for about 20 years (1973-93). He is a Certified Management Consultant (CMC) and the Fellow of IMCI, and Life member of the Indian Academy of Social Sciences. He is Director of P.S. Management Consultants and Chairman of PS Software Services Pvt. Ltd.
He worked with the World Bank Regional office in New Delhi of UPDASP (1994-96). He became the founder Hon. Director of the National Institute of Cooperative Management, Gandhinagar (1996-2000). He has published 29 books and more that 50 Journal articles in refereed professional journals. He has more than 40 years of consulting experience and has handled more than 100 major consultancy assignments between 1975 and 2017 for large number of reputed Indian Companies, Government organizations and international institutions. He Has also undertaken consultancy assignments at Bhutan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Burma, Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda (Website: www.psmanagement.co.in)
Dharma Reddy is a Research Officer at the National Federation of State Cooperative Banks Limited, Bombay. Earlier he was Research Associate at the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad. He has Been involved in carrying out a number of studies in fisheries sector at the Institute. He has authored of co-authored two books, and eight papers relating to fisheries development.
B. Subrahmanyam is a Research Officer at the National Federation of State Cooperative Banks Limited, Bombay. Earlier he was Research Associate at the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad. He has co-authored a book on All India Maine Fish Marketing in India.
V.K. Gupta is a Professor at the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad. Professor Gupta has written extensively and thought courses on Marketing of Agro Input and Output and Cooperative Organizations. He has been a Consultant to various international organizations and has coordinated several international management development Programme in fisheries, paddy-rice system and co-operative management.